How to use segmentations for RCE reporting.
We had a task to create a report in RCE, based on the “Lead Source” attribute, considering the custom segments “Mailable” and “Unmailable”. This was necessary for analyzing the origin of high-quality leads. However, we have noticed that among the standard lead attributes in RСE, there is no segmentation.
To solve this problem, our team created a new field in Marketo, setting up its update logic, and synchronizing it with RCE. Here’s how we accomplished this:
- Log in to your Adobe Marketo account and go to the “Admin” section.
- Select “Field Management” and then “New Custom Field.”
- Choose “string” for the field type and enter “Mailable” as the field name.
- Use a trigger smart campaign to track segmentation changes and populate the field “Mailable”.
- Next, navigate to the Revenue Cycle Explorer in your Adobe Marketo account.
- Select the field you’ve just created and click Edit Sync Option.
- Now you need to choose between a Dimension and Metric. Dimensions are used to describe what the data is about, while Metrics are used to quantify the data. So, your choice is “Dimension”
- Save the changes. Please, note that synchronizing data with Revenue Cycle Explorer takes approximately 24 hours Plan ahead!
By creating a new field and synchronizing it with RCE, you can greatly enhance the usefulness and impact of the information you’re able to gather, and help you make informed decisions.
#marketo #marketingautomation #marketotips #RCE #RevenueCycleExplorer